March 12th, 2025
I have been wanting to write for a while now. I started with a blog about homesteading life and that fulfilled me for a while, but then it didn’t. Then I started writing a non-fiction book, and that was going really well for a while. Then I decided to write that same story but in a different way, and that seems to be going better than the original version.
I love words. My ADHD brain is always going a million miles per hour and writing stories in my head, sometimes without me even realizing it, so I thought I could easily just take them from my head and write them down. Turns out it isn’t just that easy. So while I was listening to an audio book at work, I thought I came up with a genius idea. I was listening to Michael J. Fox’s autobiography one day and loving how he handles Parkinson’s with a touch of humor, and it reminded me of my Dad when he was sick. I thought to myself, I should write a memoir about going through terminal cancer with a sense of humor. I thought the words would flow out of me with ease.
Well, they aren’t. I realized that I am mostly having trouble remembering events and details. I found myself wishing I had like a diary or something that would give me little hints that would help me remember. So, that’s what this is. Essentially my journal. A reminder to future me about the little stories and details that don’t seem significant now but may be in the future, and a little prose to help me harness my writing skills.
Hopefully THIS should be pretty easy to write.
Comments
Post a Comment