March 22th, 2025

 R.I.P Aunt Jean

Dad’s oldest sister. She passed Thursday night (the 20th). I kind of knew it was coming when she fell and broke her leg pretty bad and the didn’t want to do surgery. She is the reason I was baptized. She was the only person in the neighborhood to have a telephone for my entire childhood. Our recipe for chop suey said “Aunt Jeans Chop Suey” on top. Every year me Jan and Dickie were up north for our birthday week, we had to go to aunt jeans during that week and she would make them liver and onions. It smelled disgusting and every time i smell it i think about her. I remember hanging out at her house in the evenings sometimes and I remember the old toys and books she had to play with. I remember “pretty my pretty white kitty”. I remember her dog, Peaches. She called me “Debbie” the last couple times i saw her when i still worked int he pharmacy. I learned from her obit that she was pulled out of school in the 8th grade to help with her younger siblings. I’m curious to find out if we’ll see Sharon and her kids. It’s hard to believe that out of the 15 there is only 5 left…


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March18th, 2025

March 12th, 2025

March 13th, 2025